Literary Analysis Worksheet (LAWS)
1. Characters: List and describe the two main characters:
2. Setting: Describe the setting in full detail using support from the text:
3. Plot: Categorize events from the plot in the correct space below:
4. Tone: What is the authorís tone? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Are there any shifts? If so, where and how can you tell?
5. Mood: What is the mood at the beginning of the story. Support your answer with examples from the text.
6. Imagery: List five examples of imagery in the text and the associated sense:
7. Foreshadowing: List 3 examples of foreshadowing from the text and tell how each is an example of it:
8. Conflict: What conflict(s) exist in the work? Support with examples from the text.
9. Irony: What type of irony can you find in the story? Support your answer.
10. Author Purpose: Why is the author writing this and how do you know that?
11. Point of View: What is the point of view? Give an example to prove it.
12. Theme: Describe what the theme of the work is based on your understanding of it. Support your answer with material from the text.
13. Allusions: List one allusions and what they are alluding to.